Spanish English Bilingual HR Manager
Position: Spanish English Bilingual HR Manager
Industry: Japanese Food Manufacturing company
Location: Industry, CA/Los Angeles area
Status: Full time/Direct hire
Ref #: #29724
- Facilitates a positive working relationship between management and the employees.
- Responsible for all human resources functions.
- Champions plant morale improvement through positive employee relations, activities, communications and management presence to ensure union free work place.
- Maintains a positive HR reputation and ensures excellent customer service.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local employment laws, as well as Corporate and plant policies and procedures. Ensures employees receive communicated policies and are informed about policy changes.
- Advises and coaches management team on HR matters.
- Investigates and assists management in the resolution of difficult situations in the plant.
- Assists plant management in preparing plant for audits to ensure passing scores.
- Counsels management on disciplinary procedures to ensure appropriate and fair disciplinary action is administered that will prevent legal ramifications
- Analyzes compensation of outside market to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market.
- Oversees the evaluation, classification and rating of hourly positions.
- Counsels managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- With management, administers the hiring process for salaried positions. Reviews qualifications of potential candidates and facilitates interview process. Makes job offers for salaried positions.
- Manages and communicates employment, compensation, benefits and employee relations activities and coordinates work activities in support of the organization’s and/or human resources objectives.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of all employee personnel records.
- Responsible for I-9 and Immigration compliance.
- Oversees annual performance reviews and works with plant management in setting of goals and objectives.
- With the assistance of in-house counsel, represents organization at personnel-related hearings and investigations.
- Administers compensation, benefits, performance management systems and safety programs.
- Analyzes statistical data and reports to identify and determine causes of personnel problems and develop recommendations for improvement of organization's personnel policies and practices.
- Analyzes training needs to design associate development, language training and health and safety programs. Coordinates ongoing training activities among individuals and teams to achieve organization’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinates plant safety programs including the promotion of safety programs and training.
- Ensures compliance with Company safety policies and OSHA regulations, and OSHA 300 log posting requirements.
- Manage Worker’s Compensation program including filing claims, record keeping, has direct contact with insurance company and medical providers. Conducts accident investigations and implements accident prevention plans.
- Prepares and follows budgets for human resources operations.
- With the assistance of in-house counsel, maintains HR processes and decision making that are legally compliant, promotes profitable growth and supports Pocino’s desired culture and financial targets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High level of confidentiality.
- High School Diploma and 10 plus years HR management experience in a manufacturing/warehouse environment.
- PHR, SPHR Certification preferred.
- Broad knowledge and experience in California employment law, compensation organizational planning, organization development, employee relations, safety, and training and development.
- Solid knowledge of business fundamentals including financial and operational elements.
- Knowledge of employee safety (Cal OSHA) and food safety requirements.
- Excellent computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and HRIS (ADP).
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal).
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Fluent in Spanish language (read & write) preferred.