Sr. Tax Accountant
職種: Sr. Tax Accountant
業種: CPA Firm
勤務地: Torrance, CA/South Bay area
雇用形態: Full time/Direct hire
Ref #: #29783
- Apply academic training and professional experience in accounting and tax laws/regulations to prepare complicated tax returns (corporate, dual-status and expatriate individual, partnership). This includes gathering and analyzing relevant information provided by clients. Review tax returns prepared by Staff.
- Research and interpret tax laws to prepare letters on behalf of taxpayers to federal and state taxing jurisdictions regarding complex tax issues. Conduct tax audits.
- Research and interpret tax laws on complex issues and questions arising from client transactions, audits, and tax filings.
- Review and analyze client operations and transactions for preparation of complex transfer pricing study analyses and reports.
- Review and analyze client data to prepare complex tax provisions for financial statements.
- Build client satisfaction by meeting with clients, providing timely and effective responses to requests and concerns, and providing consultation on all tax matters.
- Communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing, to build business relationships.
- Demonstrate broad, in-depth understanding of tax concepts, actively pursue increased tax knowledge through client assignments, and keep abreast of current tax developments.
- Work on multiple tax engagements simultaneously and manage time and work effectively.
- Use communication and people skills to work collaboratively within a diverse team environment and effectively communicate with peers, supervisors, and clients to foster positive working relationships.
- Understand and use advanced functions of software applications (Excel, Word, Power Point, tax preparation software, etc.) to perform day-to-day functions. Teach Staff and Interns to effectively use software applications.
- Supervise Staff and Interns to ensure high quality work and assist with their development.
- Provide input for Staff performance evaluations.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, or a tax concentration within an accounting program from an accredited college/university.
- A CPA or EA license, or qualified candidate to sit for the CPA exam.
- Minimum 2 years of tax service experience in a public accounting firm.
- Work experience in corporate tax or individual income tax.
- Experience as a Tax Senior is a plus.
- Strong computer skills: proficiency in tax accounting software, Excel, Word.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Business level proficiency in English required – Dual business level proficiency in Japanese preferred but not required.
- Detail-oriented and able to multi-task.