We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Assistant to work with a Japanese chemical manufacturing company in the greater Houston area! The ideal candidate will have more than professional-level Japanese proficiency and more than two years of experience in a corporate environment, preferably in the Supply Chain, Purchasing, Merchandising, Inventory, Logistics, or Trading fields.
Position: Bilingual Supply Chain Assistant
Industry: Chemical Manufacturing
Location: La Porte, Texas, USA
Languages: English and professional-level Japanese ability.
Pay: $50k - $55k (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Assist the purchasers with order process including uploading POs into the system, checking order confirmations, make return vouchers, initiating transfer slips, making price adjustment, and cataloguing.
- Assist competing and updating order sheets during buying season, generating reports in advance and analyzing data to assist the buyers.
- Support the manager with deliveries, checking stock and stock discrepancies.
- Support the staff to ensure the stock facilities are well managed and organized.
- Manage the flow of products throughout the business transaction.
- Perform weekly stock checks with the manager ensuring that stock records are well maintained, up-to-date and discrepancies are minimized.
- Ensure appropriate warehouse and stock supplies are on hand all the time.
- Summarize and sort the sales amount at the end of the month.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A few years of working experience in a corporate environment, preferably in the Supply Chain, Purchasing, Merchandising, Inventory, Logistics, or Trading fields.
- More than business-level Japanese and English language ability, verbal and written.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suites, especially advance level in excel.
- Must be able to commute to La Porte TX facility.
- Must be authorized to work in the US.