Currently, a well-established US Public Accounting Firm has an opening for Sr. Tax Manager.
Position: Sr. Tax Manager
Industry: CPA firm
Location: South San Francisco, CA / San Francisco Bay Area
Languages: Native level of English in writing, reading, and speaking is required.
Pay: $DOE up to 160k
Status: $Depending on person’s experience, open to discussion + BonusesBenefit: Medical, Dental, Vision, Paid Vacations, Holidays, and Sick Leaves, 401K.
- Cultivating new and existing client relationships and demonstrates basic knowledge of client’s businesses.
- Being responsible with reviewing federal and state income tax returns for individuals, businesses, benefit funds, real estate, and exempt organizations.
- Managing all federal, state, and local tax audits.· Preparing research memoranda, written correspondence/guidance, and other documents for submission to the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- Being responsible with training and supervising staff, reviews and evaluates their work.
- Overseeing managing multiple clients, budgets and production goals.
- At least seven to ten years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax complexity, scope, and research.
- At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
- Minimum one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax preparers.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required, Master’s degree in taxation preferred.
- CPA license preferred