- Location: Torrance, CA
- Employment Type: Fulltime
- Position: Sr. Accountant
- Industory: Restaurant / Corporation
- Salary: $60k - $65k
We are currently seeking for an experienced Accounting specialist who is Japanese bilingual at one of the successful Japanese corporations which operates major Japanese cuisine restaurant chains in the United States.
Position: Sr. Accountant
Location: Torrance, CA. Los Angeles County area
Languages: Japanese and English a MUST
Pay: $60-65K (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, USGAAP; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports.
- Maintains accounting controls by establishing a chart of accounts; defining accounting policies and procedures.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Miscellaneous administrative tasks (manage contractual documents, prepare reports, manage data, etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred
- Japanese and English language proficiency at the business level is a MUST
- Interest in developing one’s career into accounting field
- Exceptional communication and networking skills is highly desired
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices (USGAAP) and a capacity for independent thought and judgment. Experience with MS Dyanmics, Great Plains, other ERP will be big plus
- Must have computer skills, including the use of Excel spreadsheets and MSWord and Outlook.