Our client, a Japanese Freight Forwarding company, is looking for a candidate interested in their Payroll & HR Assistant role. Entry level candidates are welcome! The ideal candidate would have Payroll & HR related experience, or experience working in Japanese corporation. Payroll experience is a big plus, especially with ADP.
- Title: Payroll & HR Assistant
- Industry: Logistics/Freight Forwarding
- Location: Hayward, CA
- Working Hours: Mon - Fri 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM (+Overtime)
- Assisting Payroll by filing worker's compensation claims, reporting Exit Questionnaires, completing and mailing EDD forms, sorting and filing payroll related documents
- Keeping track of application forms and background checks, assisting bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Administers all employee benefit plans, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, EAP, life insurance, disability, supplemental plans, 401(k), and NQDC. Act as a point of contact for all benefits related matters. Updates benefit-related documentation and information on the HRIS, ADP Workforce Now.
- Processes and maintains employee enrollment records and documents including, but not limited to, enrollment, life event changes, enrollment terminations, beneficiary information, etc. in accordance with plan documents and federal, state, and local regulations, such as HIPPA, COBRA, and FMLA.
- Organizes and conducts annual Open Enrollment presentation for benefit selection and coordinates with HRIS and benefit vendors to ensure the integrity of data
- Must have at least AA degree or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills in English, and Japanese or Cantonese conversational to advance level in speaking a big plus
- Ability to multi-task and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Computer Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AS 400, must be able to type 40 wpm or better