Japanese CPG (consumer packaged goods) Manufacturer is seeking a buyer experienced in the Packaging category. Knowledge with corrugated paper and plastic resin used for CPG products is preferred. Company has been manufacturing a staple in US food culture for over 50 years.
Position: Packaging buyer
Industry: Food Industry
Pay: $50 - $75K
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Experienced with procurement and buyer activities for packaging materials: corrugated paper, plastics and resin material.
- Coordinate and negotiate with vendors/suppliers on contract rates and material quality to improve costs.
- Market research, trends and forecasts to anticipate and take advantage of cost structures.
- Develop relationships with current and new suppliers to continually improve network and cost flexibility.
- Collaborate with Marketing and R&D to help drive innovation and commercialize new products.
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred
- 3 years or relative experience as a buyer
- Food Manufacturing or packing company experience is preferred.
- Role is currently remote, but will eventually be onsite in Gardena.
- Exceptional communication and networking skills is highly desired