This position leads the implementation of technology projects, both administrative and/or instructional. Assists in the coordination of various events in the planning, ordering, installation, and follow-on cycle. As a project leader, your responsibility will be to coordinate people and processes to ensure that the projects are delivered on time and produce the desired results.
Position: MIS (Management Info System) Project Leader
Industry: Food Manufacturer
Location: Santa Fe Springs, CA
Languages: Japanese/English Bilingual
Pay: 65-85K (DOE)
Office Hours: 8:30AM to 5:30PM
Status: Full time + Competitive benefits package
- Provides day-to-day project coordination, planning and implementation of multiple projects across all product lines.
- Responsible for collecting, understanding and documenting business requirements and translating those into functional and system design specifications.
- Develops and maintains detailed project plans.
- Responsible for reporting project status to IT Management, business unit project sponsor and other key business leaders as needed.
- Communicates with users/vendors to ensure accurate, timely and successful achievement of milestones through entire implementation cycle.
- Monitors vendors’ performance and take appropriate steps to accomplish Management objectives.
- Implements software development to review / understand requirements and specifications for technical design, obtain information on system capabilities, limitations and performance requirements.
- Trains users on new software and procedures.
- Leads upgrades, installations, conversions and file maintenance.
- Maintains and upgrades servers, network hardware and equipment as needed.
- Assists the Senior MIS Manager in the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade, and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, operating systems, software applications and peripherals.
- Performs other tasks as directed by MIS Project Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology related field or equivalent experience.
- Min of 5-7 years of Management IT or related experience
- Strong communication (both verbal and written), and excellent interpersonal skills
- Japanese/English bilingual (speak/read/write)
- Attention to detail and strong organization Skill