We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Merchandiser/ Event Coordinator for a Famous Japanese Retail Store in Katy area! The ideal candidate will have two years of work experience in a similar position.
Position: Merchandiser and Event Coordinator
Location: Katy, TX
Pay: $12.50 (Depending on Your Experience)
Status: Full-time + Great Benefits
- Meet with publisher representatives to collect information on new, upcoming, and best-selling books, magazines, and media.
- Identify current market trends and customer demand to increase sales volume and profit margin.
- Negotiate for better pricing and terms of agreement for purchases.
- Place orders as necessary under consultation with Store Manager and section clerks for best book exposure and promotion.
- Plan and organize different events to increase participation, public image, and sales.
- Conduct market research and coordinate with marketing and PR for event promotions and publicity.
- Help with logistics and assist in book orders and returns as necessary.
- Fill in providing customer service as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of two years experience in a similar position.
- English language proficiency at the business level is a MUST.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Proficiency at Excel, PowerPoint, Edelweiss, and PubEasy.
- Basic knowledge of illustrated and general interest trade books.