The production assistant’s role is to perform all tasks involved in production under the direction of upper management. It includes organizing and distributing production documentation as required for all departments.
Position: Machinist/Production Assistant
Industry: Manufacturing, Technology
Location: Irvine, CA
Languages: Japanese/English Bilingual (read/write)
Pay: $21-23/hr (DOE)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Ensure correct and safe operation of equipment under the direction of manager
- Keep machine schedule and notify any delay or error to upper management
- Monitor machines and equipment by performing daily inspection.
- Ensure to understand drawings and measurement instruments as well as CAD / 3D Data
- Operate carts, pallet jack, and other moving equipment to move heavier materials.
- Notify any failures or concerns to upper management
- Attend meetings to check work order detail, work schedule and shipping schedule
- Maintain an organized and clean work area
- Perform other duties as assigned by upper management
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineer or related field strongly preferred
- +1-2 years’ experience in the machinery field
- Must have great attention to detail
- Ability to follow detailed instructions
- Must have positive attitude and be a team player
- Must possess good computer skills (Microsoft Office Excel, Word) and be able to learn new skills as needed
- Strong Communication skills