Well-known Japanese preparatory school will be opening up a new school in Memorial District in Houston around April 2019. They are looking for some lecturers for the new school.
Location: Houston, TX
Status: Part-Time or Full-Time (Direct-Hire)
- Oversee and foster the academic, social, and character development of each Japanese speaking students ranging from the 4th grade in Elementary School to the 3rd grade in High School, in Japanese.
- Develop and maintain long range and daily instructional plans for each course taught such as Math, Japanese, English and Science.
- Use a variety of teaching and assessment tools and strategies.
- Develop and structure lessons that promote academic preparation for Japanese school entrance exams.
- Actively involve students in the classroom through teaching techniques.
- Provide individual and group instruction in order to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Provide additional instruction for students who have not achieved competency commensurate with their potential.
- Establish and maintain standards of student conduct with cooperation of the school administration.
- Identify student needs, and cooperate with other professional staff members in assessing and helping students solve their learning problems.
- Communicate with parents on the individual student's progress as well as provide guidance regarding Japanese school entrance exams.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Native Level in verbal and written Japanese to conduct full business in the language.
- Experience in Japanese School Entrance Exam for Middle School, High School, or University or Teaching Experience for them.
- Can teach classes in Part-Time or Full-Time in some spots during Monday-Friday 16:00-22:00 and Saturday 9:00-17:00 (Can choose your preferred time mainly.)
- Teaching experience in Math, Japanese, English, and Science would be a plus.
- Has to be able to commute to Memorial District in Houston, TX.
- English communication ability would be a plus.
- Salary and Working Hours/Frequency will be depending on the numbers of subjects and level of classes the lecturer is in charge of.
- Must have authorization to work in the United States. (Visa Sponsorship could be possible.)