- Location: Midtown, NY
- Employment Type: Fulltime
- Position: Market Research Analyst
- Industory: Manufacturing
- Salary: - $55k
Leading Japanese consumer electronics maker is looking for Japanese/English bilingual Market Research Analyst.
- Position: Market Research Analyst in Energy field
- Salary: 50K-55K (DOE)
- Status: Full time from day 1. Direct hire with competitive benefit package.
- Office hour: 9am~5pm
- Overtime: Occasionally
You MUST be Japanese/English bilingual to be considered for this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collect, Research and Analyze Energy market data trends. Collection of the data will be done via secondary research (desktop research) and primary data (interviews, surveys and interactions with market actors)
- Create market research reports describing industry structure, main players and key trends. Formulate new business proposals (In English and Japanese) based on summary of research analysis. Proposals should include new business models and/or products offerings to advance business priorities in North America.
- Gather market research requests from internal customers and convey these requests to external market research partner companies. Negotiate and follow up with external partners/vendors to secure timely completion of market research projects.
- Support conversation (by translating) in technical meetings (Japanese-English translation including technical terms)
- Create Japanese or English documents from English or Japanese documents concerning technical information, codes, standards and regulations.
- Support of overall activities, such as organizing industry seminars and related events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field and a minimum of 2 years of research activities in Business fields required. Strong understanding of Japanese and American business cultures. Experience in the Energy sector in NY State is highly preferable.
Ability to read, write and interpret general business periodicals, market reports. Ability to write reports and effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of internal clients. Fluency in oral and written Business Japanese and Business English is strongly recommended. Ability to conduct interviews to market actors to gather necessary information.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and Internet software.
Please apply for more information.
Please apply for full job description and to discuss salary range. [REF#NY/25176]
[Akiko Ando-Gigliotti / firstname.lastname@example.org