- Location: SeaTac, WA
- Employment Type: Temp
- Position: Logistics Supervisor
- Industory: Import / Export / Shipping
- Salary: DOE
Our client, a successful Japanese International Import/Export Logistics company, is searching for a Japanese Bilingual Logistics Supervisor for their growing team in the Seatac, WA area.
Position: Logistics Supervisor
Industry: Import / Export / Shipping
Location: Seatac, WA / Greater Seattle Area
Languages: Japanese and English a MUST
Pay: $DOE (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
The Japanese Bilingual Logistics Supervisor is mainly responsible for overseeing all Air Export Agents and managing all processes that support the customer's export needs.
Other functions of the position include the followings:
- Supervising the functions of Export Agents: prioritizing work, determining schedules, assigning daily tasks, establishing or adjusting work procedures to meet changing demands.
- Supervising and assisting in daily export activities and demonstrating in depth knowledge of customers’ needs.
- Managing handling of licensed shipments and special accounts ensuring all aspects of the shipment comply with regulations.
- TSA Security coordinating and following all security measures including government required and local security programs.
- Providing direct training to new staff
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in air export.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to grasp extensive knowledge while dealing with a variety of people.
- Specific knowledge of the logistics industry (predominately ocean import/ocean export with less emphasis on air import/export)
- Minimum 3 years industry experience required.
- Minimum 2 years management experience required.
- Professional presentation / effective communication skills.
- Knowledge of air space configurations; air ULD loads; special loading constraints; and certificate for handling hazardous materials or related experience.
- Ability to work in a cooperative and professional manner when meeting both internal and external customers and vendors face to face.
- Working knowledge of Windows operating system and be comfortable working with Microsoft software applications (i.e., Word, Excel and Outlook).