Japanese Law Firm is looking for a Japanese Bilingual Legal Assistant in Washington DC. This position is to ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management. You will provide a broad spectrum of legal services under the supervision of an attorney.
Position: Japanese Bilingual Legal Assistant
Industry: Law Firm
Location: Washington DC
Languages: Japanese and English
Pay: 40-50K (DOE)
Status: Full time + Competitive benefits package
- Provide administrative support to lawyer and enhance office effectiveness.
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials.
- Prepare case briefs and summarize depositions, interrogatories and testimony.
- Conduct investigations and statistical/documentary research.
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Monitor deadlines and juggle calendars.
- Working experience as legal assistant or legal secretary is a plus.
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office.
- Able to understand both Japanese and English at business level.
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple activities and work under pressure.