Our client, a Japanese Trading company, is looking for a candidate interested in their Human Resources and Payroll Assistant role.
Position: HR Specialist/ Payroll
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Languages: Japanese and English a MUST
Pay: $75k - $90k (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Assisting Administration and Human Resources by maintaining employee personnel files, using HR filing system, completing I-9 form for new hires, verifying I-9 documentation and filing them appropriately.
- Assisting Payroll by filing worker's compensation claims, reporting Exit Questionnaires, completing and mailing EDD forms, sorting and filing payroll related documents
- Keeping track of application forms and background checks, assisting bi-weekly and monthly payroll
- Searching candidates on job websites and from those who applied to position through company websites and scheduling interviews with potential candidates
- In charge of inventory of the branch's office supplies and purchasing necessary items, other administrative duties
- Must have at least AA degree or equivalent experience
- Good communication skills in English, and Japanese or Cantonese conversational to advance level in speaking a big plus
- Ability to multi-task and strong interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Computer Proficiency in Windows, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and AS 400, must be able to type 40 wpm or better
- 1-3 year of Payroll experience preferred