Job Detail Ref - #25280
Japanese Bilingual Corporate Counsel
This position is already unavailable.
A major Japanese corporation is looking for its Corporate Counsel position in Houston TX.
Position: Corporate Counsel
Location: Houston, TX
Languages: Japanese and English
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Directly conduct business and commercial transactions as well as oversee work of outside counsel.
- Serve as legal advisors on all major business transactions and in negotiating critical contracts.
- Judge the benefits of major court cases filed against or on behalf of the Companies, work with appropriate executives to define a strategic defense and approve settlements of disputes.
- Attend corporate and business meetings, and interview key personnel in various departments as well as outside counsel and consultants to see current legal counseling activities.
- Develop, implement, and enforce internal standard procedures in seeking legal counseling.
- Coordinate effectively with other departments as well as Japan headquarters.
- Allocate and manage legal research resources.
- Support other legal, compliance, or corporate planning activities and/or supervise legal assistants when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Juris Doctor, LLM or equivalent degree is required.
- Bar Membership is required. (it does not have to be the Texas License)
- More than 2 years of experience in corporate legal department or law firm is highly preferred but entry level candidate could be considered as well.
- Experience in commercial transaction law is preferred.
- Experience in legal research such as WestLaw and LexisNexis is preferred but not required.
- Must be authorized to work in the US. (Visa Sponsorship could be considered.)