Oversee the activities of the Accounting Department, including the design of processes and controls: treasury, accounts payable, accounts receivable
- Supervise and/or prepare general ledger reconciliations
- Manage and review timely month-end and year-end closes
- Manage and maintain the financial systems.
- Budgeting, forecasting and financial planning duties including monthly reforecast based on actual results
- Produce accurate, timely, and complete monthly financial statements
- Coordinate with outside CPA firm to comply with state, local and federal
- government reporting requirements
Position: Accounting Manager
Industry: Cosmetic Industry
Location: lower Manhattan,
Languages: Japanese and English a MUST
Pay: $60k - $80k (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time
- Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information, and managing accounting staff.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans reviews
- Prepare and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity,
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements
- Prepare an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances, and initiating corrective actions.
- 3 years of accounting experience preferably in a manufacturing/services environment
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance
- Strong proficiency with MS Office suite and experience with SAP or similar ERP preferred.
- Someone who has done cost accounting in manufacturing industry is ideal.
- High level of written and oral communication skills, task driven individual who is accurate and diligent, and team oriented.