We are currently seeking a charismatic IT System Engineer
for a major Japanese chemical technology group to join their team in their Torrance office! The ideal candidate will have a few years of work experience with IT Help Desk, System Engineering, or Network Engineering.
Position: IT System Engineer
Industry: Technology / R&D
Location: Torrance, CA/Southbay / Los Angeles County Area
Languages: English at native level
Pay: $60-80K (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + Excellent benefits
- Install and configure software and computer systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with software or hardware.
- Walk colleagues or clients through steps to help them resolve their technical problems.
- Maintain procedures and reports that provide technical support to the entire organization.
- Analyze records and logs to spot underlying trends and potential issues.
- Support the implementation of new solutions or applications.
- Establish accounts for new users and assist with password or login problems.
- Test, evaluate, and make decisions about new technology for the business.
- Participate in business-wide meetings to provide insight into technical requirements.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in a technical support role.
- Certifications are preferred, but not required.
- Working knowledge and expertise with a variety of software, hardware, and applications.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help other colleagues and departments with technical problems.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to manage time and effectively prioritize numerous projects at one time.