Information Technology company based in San Diego is looking for an IT Customer Support Representative (#25696). This position will participate in customer sup-port activities mainly for the Japanese market. The candidate will mainly handle the large existing accounts and new potential clients, especially on the engineering and quality side for their technical questions. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, well-organized, technical savvy and have the ability to self-learn complex systems.
This position is based in San Diego, CA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Keeping close contact with customers for their engineering and quality needs.
• Manage customer facing projects based on Project Management methodology.
• Highly visible customer service through the performance of on-site installation, as well as overseeing any necessary troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex M2M and RFID systems.
• And other duties as assigned.
• Self-starter; motivated, team focused and results driven.
• Highly technical problem solver who understands system architecture, hardware and software interaction.
• Familiarity with terrestrial and satellite networks.
• Experience with M2M modems using 2G/3G communication.
• Solid understanding of Network topology, including IP Networks, Switches, LANS, and others.
• High analytic skills and out-of-the-box thinker.
• Self-motivated, driven and committed to exceed customer expectations.
• 3 to 5 years customer support and relationship management.
• Comfortable discussing a wide array of products and technologies, and at ease interacting with highly trained technology professionals.
• Great communication skills with superior listening skills.
• Developed problem-solving and negotiation skills.
• Solid knowledge of the entire sales cycle including tracking/updating accounts, forecasting sales activity, and reporting weekly/monthly to management.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
• Experience as a customer support engineer including software and hardware trouble shooting.
• Engineering degree of 4 years either EE or ME, graduate degree a plus.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficient in both English and Japanese.
TRAVEL: The position requires up to 60% overseas travel.