We are currently seeking a HR Specialist for a Japanese Manufacturing Company in Santa Clara, CA. The ideal candidate will have a High HR knowledge, team-oriented and self-motivated personality.
Position: HR Specialist
Industry: Japanese Manufacturing Company
Location: Santa Clara, CA
Languages: English and Japanese
Pay: $DOE (Depending on your experience) + Excellent benefits
Status: Full time
- Responsible for communication and interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Maintain all employee files and ensure completeness and accuracy of all required documents. Files include but are not limited to: personnel, medical and workers compensation.
- Support management with employee relation issues, performance issues and other disciplinary processes from start to resolution of these.
- Respond to HR specific mail such as but not limited to: unemployment claims, verifications, garnishments as well as creating verification of employment letters.
- Oversee the onboarding and termination activities process for all employees.
- Ensure People Ops. department is compliant with all State and Federal laws, standards and regulations.
- Manage all employee leaves related to personal leaves, FMLA and any other State or Government leave provisions.
- Support with assigned projects as needed to support the growth and improvements to enhance our employees experience.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a coordinator and or Specialist role in Human Resources or related field required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, interpersonal skills, and a can-do-attitude required
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally with all levels of the organization
- Intermediate Microsoft knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Advanced working knowledge of State and Federal Employment Laws
- Ability to work in a continuous changing environment, adapt to change and recalibrate work accordingly.