- Location: Los Angeles, CA
- Employment Type: Fulltime
- Position: Export Sales
- Industory: Food Trading/Distributor
- Salary: $40 - $50k
A globally well-established food trading company is seeking an Export Sales.
primary job is to increase sales volume within their assigned region and is also responsible for developing new business opportunities, ensuring customer needs are met satisfactorily, and ensuring that the company’s presence in their assigned area is meeting the company’s standards and expectations. Export Sales will provide updates on their assigned area through reports and presentations. This position will require travel to assigned territories.
Position: Export Sales
Industry: Food Trading/Distributor
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Languages: English. Japanese or Spanish skill will be a plus
Pay: $40-50K (DOE)
Status: Full time + Competitive benefits package
- Develop and maintain relationships with major or key accounts within a specific area or market.
- Handle and maintain existing customer account.
- Communicate with export customers, process order entries, and coordinate/arrange export shipments when necessary.
- Communicate and negotiate with vendors for obtaining pricing, promotion and deals.
- Target potential new customers and assess opportunities for sales.
- Cold calling companies within the territory and establishing needs.
- Arrange meetings with potential customers and selling product offerings.
- Putting together a list of target companies within the area.
- Networking with businesses in the territory and building relationships.
- Analyzing competitor activities in the region and assessing opportunities for business development.
- Keeping up to date with industry news to identify opportunities for new business.
- Plan and implement sales programs for the company's product line while working to achieve sales targets as set by the Export Manager.
- Work closely with operations team to meet customers’ requirements on logistics and documentation.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or relevant degree
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office specifically in Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Critical thinking skills required.
- Strong attention to detail and must be fast learner.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.