This position is already unavailable.
Passenger railcar builder is looking for Engineering Manager (SCA# 26559) to manage a team.
- Managing the engineering team, including overseeing scheduling and project management
- Attending meetings with customers and suppliers as the key representative of the engineering team
- Leading the team to solve complex problems through thought leadership and robust analyses
- Setting realistic goals for the team, prioritizing issues, monitoring progress and ensuring goals are met
- Designing/developing/deploying the vehicle electrical system including embedded hardware and software, circuits, wiring and associated mechanical interfaces
- Designing/developing/deploying the vehicle communication system and CCTV system
- Performance testing and troubleshooting LRV electrical and mechanical systems and documenting results
Desirable Skills / Qualifications:
- 10+ years of experience in electrical, mechanical and systems engineering
- 5+ years of experience leading an engineering team
- Aerospace industry background
- Experience with communication protocols such as RS232, RS485, Ethernet & Internet protocols
- Extensive knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Ability to read hardware schematics
- Ability to troubleshoot using Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, etc.
- Solid experience with version control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent