Our client, a Japanese Semiconductor manufacturing company, is looking for a Director of Human Resources and Operations in the San Jose CA area.
Location:San Jose, CA / San Francisco Bay Area
Position:Director of Human Resources and Operations
Salary: $120k - $140k
Human Resources Management
- Oversee the performance management process
- Ensure HR compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations, in consultation with legal counsel where needed
- Oversee recruitment, interviewing, hiring and onboarding process with HR Manager; supervise recruiters where applicable for specific positions
- Support employees in the off-boarding process, including performing exit interviews
- Develop and administer a compensation plan and conduct an annual equity analysis of key HR metrics including turnover, hiring, compensation and benefits
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date confidential HR files
- With HR Manager, oversee benefit administration including negotiation of annual renewals and open enrollment
- With supervisors, address employee concerns, complaints and resolve conflicts that arise.
- Plan and monitor the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress
- Supervise staff from different departments and provide constructive feedback
- Evaluate regularly the efficiency of business procedures according to organizational objectives and apply improvements
- Manage procurement processes and coordinate material and resources allocation
- Oversee customer support processes and organize them to enhance customer satisfaction
- Review financial information and adjust operational budgets to promote profitability
- Revise and/or formulate policies and promote their implementation
- Manage relationships/agreements with external partners/vendors
- Evaluate overall performance by gathering, analyzing and interpreting data and metrics
- Ensure that the company runs with legality and conformity to established regulations
- Bachelor’s Degree with coursework or certification in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development or a related field. PHR, SHRM-PC certification a plus.
- At least 5 years of senior leadership experience in Human Resources management, with demonstrated success in providing HR leadership for a strong, motivated team of staff at a mid-size or larger organization or company.
- In depth knowledge of diverse business functions and principles (e.g. supply chain, HR, Accounting etc.)
- Excellent communicator, ability to connect with individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Expertise in state, federal and local laws and policies pertaining to human resources management and nonprofit organizations.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to excel at details, multi-tasking and working under pressure.
- Must have experience working with diverse populations
- High level of discretion in sharing information; ability to manage and keep confidential sensitive personal information
- Strong computer skills including utilization of database systems
- Bilingual English-Japanese is a plus