Currently our client, a Japanese Freight Forwarder is seeking a Customs Entry Writer.
Position: Customs Entry Writer
Location: Mineola, NY
Salary: 35k range
Status: Full time with benefits
- Classifying imported commodities, filing entries, and solve any issue.
- Negotiating contracts, transportation and handling costs.
- Obtaining, checking and/or preparing all transportation documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with local and international regulations.
- Liaising with third parties to move goods in accordance with customer requirements.
- Arranging tucking companies for urgent and high-value freight and managing the risk.
- Coordinating US Customs Brokerage to guide the freight through import procedures.
- Processing bills and accounting related to import shipments.
- Working closely with customers and third parties to ensure smooth operations to deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and produce accurate output in high pressure and fast pace environment
- High School Diploma/GED required, good IT skills, experience with Microsoft Office with intermediate to proficiency in Excel required.
Please apply with 1-2 pages of word document resume for more details, only qualified candidates will be contacted.