Position Title: Customer Service Clerk
Location: Torrance, CA
- Handles various phone calls and e-mails from customers and subcontractors.
- Handles and resolves various complaints and claims from customers talking to the Supervisor / Manager depending on the difficulty.
- Coordinates inquiries and orders from customers with warehousing operation employees.
- Provides quotations to the customer and rates to other branches.
- Tracks shipments and informs customers of shipment status.
- Handles daily shipment arrangements such as scheduling a pick-up and deliveries, preparing documents related to warehousing operation, sending pre-alert document, tracing the shipment status, providing inquiring information with entry document.
- Updates shipment status, provides quote, and prepares any necessary information and documents of import shipment.
- Issues invoices to customers according to mutually agreed quotations.
- Maintains customers’ steady billing cycle; monitors invoices status, reminds payment for outstanding invoices with supporting documents when needed.
- Maintains selling rates and monitors/negotiates the costs/selling rates to achieve maximum profit with customer satisfaction.
OTHER & MISCELLANEOUS
- Seeks constant improvement, more efficient and less expensive ways and means in work processes.
- Maintains high ethical standards in the work place.
- Reports all irregular issues and problems to the Supervisor for solution.
- Maintains good communication with supervisors, coworkers and outside contacts.
- Complies with all company policies and procedures.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and safe working area and organizing data and documents.
- Performs special projects and other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Job Dimensions (skills, knowledge & abilities) Essential Job Dimensions Attendance & Punctuality, Communication, Customer Service, Flexibility/Adaptability, Initiative/Follow Through, Problem Solving, Time Management
Qualifications Education & Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or more than one year of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of higher education and experience.