We are currently seeking an Assistant Purchasing Manager for a Electrical/Industrial Material Manufacture group to join their team in the Southern California area.The ideal candidate will have a few years of work experience in an international business setting and thrives at purchasing/supply chain management. Language skill with Japanese will be a big plus but not required.
Position: Assistant Purchasing Manager
Industry: Electrical/Industrial components manufacture
Location: Cypress, California/Los Angeles/North Orange County area
Languages: Japanese skill will be a plus but not required
Pay: $60-80K(Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time, Direct hire + Excellent benefits
- Maintain strong working relationships with our vendors
- Review purchasing agreements with vendors and maintain open lines of communications with those vendors
- Develop an active process for measuring supply inventory and determining purchasing needs based on quarterly and annual numbers
- Stay up to date with industry trends and establish long-term purchasing arrangements with vendors when it is beneficial to the company
- Compare product deliveries with issued purchase orders and contact vendors when there are discrepancie
- To help maintain our supply inventory levels and negotiate deals with potential vendors.
- Learning company purchasing policies and procedures, and maintaining supply inventory levels required for effective company operation.
- Conducting regular price comparisons to ensure that the company is always getting the best price for each product that is purchased.
- Bachelor's degree in related field strongly preferred
- 3-5 years of working experience in Supply Chain, International Trading, Manufacture working environment with Purchasing, Supply Chain, and/or Sales responsibilities
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills is highly desired
- Ability to travel (Domestic and International) for work (up to 25%)