A major Japanese Oil and Corporation is looking for an Assistant Accounting Manager in their Houston, TX office. The ideal candidate will be in charge of oil and gas taxation and financial consolidation.
Position: Assistant Accounting Manager
Industry: Oil and Gas
Location: Houston, TX (Galleria)
Pay: $78k - $85k
Status: Full time + Exempt
- Prepare US GAAP or IFRS financial statements of multiple entities in the US and abroad.
- Coordinate with the control audit schedule and external auditor in both the US and Mexico.
- Controlling bookkeeper, tax return preparer and tax document.
- Budget control, and review the proposed budget submissions from department managers for accuracy and completeness.
- Joint venture account control.
- Preparation and investigation of federal, states and local tax return; control outsourcing companies
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5 to 8 years of accounting experience is a must.
- More than 3 years of accounting and tax experience in upstream oil & gas corporations.
- Experience in public accounting firm would be a plus.
- At least a Bachelor’s degree.
- Proficient in MS software such as MS Excel.
- ERP experience; SAP preferred.
- Basic knowledge of general and oil and gas taxation for tax provision and compliance.
- Knowledge of international taxation preferred.
- Accounting and tax experience of projects outside US preferred.
- US CPA preferred.