Our client, a Japanese Financial Institution is looking for an Accounting office in WestChester.
Location: WestChester, NY
Employment Type: Fulltime
Position: Accounting Officer
Salary: DOE (60-65k range)
- Prepare daily cash journal entries in Excel and upload to general ledger
- Reconcile cash activities per bank and general ledger on a daily basis
- Set up wire/ACH/check payments for lease funding and payable invoices and record the payment transactions in the form of journal entries in general ledger.
- Work with internal members and external business partners to ensure cash transactions are properly processed and accounted for
- Review external and internal invoices.
- Draft and send intercompany invoices and monitor the collections
- Prepare schedules for business license renewals, annual report filings and process payments to the filing states.
- Mail income tax filings to respective states and make payments
- Gather audit request items, monthly/quarterly reporting items and audit request items
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting working experience (Experience in a financial industry [i.e.banking, insurance, money markets etc.] preferred but not essential)
- Must possess strong Excel skills
- Knowledge of Great Plains is a plus