Job Detail Ref - #24506
Accounting Manager in Major Japanese Trading Corporation
This position is already unavailable.
A major Japanese trading corporation is looking for an Accounting Manager in their Houston, TX office. The missions of the Houston Branch’s Accounting Department are performing accurate and efficient monthly, quarterly and year end closing, providing consistent accounting support to business units. Accounting Manager is expected to lead the discussion among the team when it comes up based on his/her experiences and knowledge especially in the team meetings. The ideal candidate is expected to be a communicative and strong leader.
Position: Accounting Manager
Industry: Major Japanese Trading Corporation
Location: Houston, TX
Pay: Up to 93k + 10% pro-rated target bonus
Status: Full time + Exempt
- Maintain and complete accounting records accurately for the assigned BUsiness Units and keep in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Conduct monthly, quarterly and year end close activities for the assigned Business Units in an accurate and timely manner.
- Act as the primary contact and provide consultation, facilitation and support on accounting, financial statement audit and internal control matters for the responsible Business Units.
- Coordinate and lead the work of junior accountants, providing coaching and guidance and review their performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in the financial accounting field, experience in public firm preferred
- CPA license preferred
- Experience with major enterprise resource planning (ERP) system, SAP preferred
- Competence in applying, researching and documenting adherence to international financial reporting standards (IFRS) and generally accepted accounting principles (US GAAP)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and accuracy