This position is responsible for the daily operations of the Company’s Accounting Department.
Position: Accounting Assistant
Industry: Food Manufacturer
Location: Seal Beach, CA
Pay: $20-24/hr (DOE)
Status: Full time, Direct-Hire
- Enters, applies and posts daily cash receipts.
- Maintains bank accounts by monitoring transactions, balances and outstanding/pending amounts.
- Reconciles bank statements by comparing statements with general ledger.
- Reviews aging reports and collects Accounts Receivable.
- Responsible for collections and ensures customers pay on time.
- Communicates with Supervisors and customers regarding past due balances.
- Processes any debit/credit AR adjustments in the system.
- Performs various Accounts Payable tasks such as reviewing, posting bills, communicating with vendors, preparing checks.
- Monitors and processes credit card payments and adjustments.
- Posts Accounts Payable and Receivable entries, answers inquiries and follows up.
- Calculates, examines, adjusts, reconciles, monitors advance and prepaid balances.
- Performs and processes Month-End and Year-End closing related tasks.
- Maintains accounting system, contacts and negotiates with system providers as needed.
- Cooperates with and supports Management with minor tasks required by external auditors to conduct annual year end audit, sales tax audit, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years accounting experience with general ledger and accounts reconciliation
- Japanese Language Skills
- Must have good written and oral communication skills
- Strong computer skills