A global Japanese company in Sunnyvale is looking for an Accountant / Senior Accountant.
Position: Accountant / Senior Accountant
Location: Sunnyvale, CA / San Francisco Bay Area
Pay: $60 - $75k (Depending on your experience)
Status: Full time + benefits
- Achieve accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews
- Verify purchase entries including inventory receiving and vouchering entries to ensure accurate and timely posting to the system.
- Prepare journal entries, general ledger reconciliations, and financial statements for monthly closing.
- Process employee expenses, bank reconciliation and fixed assets management.
- Communicate with auditors, government offices for appropriate sales tax, property tax, and corporate business license filings
- Work with IT department for fixed asset management.
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience in Accounting field.
- Japanese and English bilingual in reading, writing, and speaking.
- 5+ years of experience in Accounting including general ledger and monthly closing.
- An in-depth knowledge of accounting principles and practices (USGAAP) and a capacity for independent thought and judgment.
- Knowledge on corporate income tax.
- Experience with MS Dyanmics, Great Plains, other ERP will be a big plus.
- Must have computer skills, including the use of Excel spreadsheets and MSWord and Outlook.