- Location: San Diego, CA
- Employment Type: Fulltime
- Position: Design Engineer
- Salary: $50-70k
Position: ENG/JPN Design Engineer JO # 24089
Location : San Diego, CA
Employment: Full Time: Direct Hire
Salary : $50K -$70K
A well-established Electronic Components Company is currently looking for a qualified Design Engineer who is detail orientated and a quick learner. Knowledge in AutoCAD, designing, drawing and drafting is a plus.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists in product development activities including designing and generating assembly process fixtures, assembly stack-up drawings, board layout, and interpretation and implementation of customer specifications and documentation requirements.
- Facilitates design review meeting of new RFQ, compiles and records discussed items.
- Reviews customers’ documentations, drawings and vendors’ pricing to come up with assembly estimation. Participates in a variety of customer/supplier meetings, and travel may be required.
- Works with both internal and external groups to develop new products and projects to increase revenue.
- Develops supplier base, working with both new and existing suppliers with understanding of the entire process from customer requirements to our internal capabilities.
- Communicates with production and sales engineers concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods. Develops new packaging designs that are cost effective and meet timeline requirements.
- B.S. in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline.
- Requires 2+ years of related professional experience and/or its equivalent in education and experience.
- Design/drawing experience in AutoCAD/SolidWorks is required.
- Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning & Tolerancing) is preferred.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English with good verbal and written communication skills.
- Mechanical aptitude for designing fixtures and components for manufacturability.
- Goal-oriented work ethic, attention to detail and tenacity to follow-up in all action items.