Receive and process export client’s shipments via steamship companies.
Responsible for executing all functions related to the successful operation of this position and to
provide top notch customer service with continual improvement in mind.
1. Communicate with carriers, overseas agents, and customers via telephone and email.
2. Take booking requests and export customer service calls.
3. Make sure having current buying/selling rates set-up for every export shipment.
4. Complete proper export documentation and send pre-alerts.
5. Request documents from shipper as required, this includes the power of attorney,
commercial invoice, packing list, insurance certificate and SLI.
6. Check the shipments in the warehouse as needed to ensure that the shipping
documents correspond to the actual shipments.
7. Create quotations for customers’ request
8. Review standard operation procedures to ensure compliance with all regulations, TSA,
ISO, IMDG and Export Control including AES/EEI.
9. Notify customers of any delays regarding arrival or delivery of their cargo.
10. Perform other duties as assigned.
11. Cross Train as time permits
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
1. Basic English reading, writing and arithmetic skills required.
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
2. Ability to organize, prepare and assemble documents containing data from various
3. Knowledge of office processes, procedures, and technology.
|Position||Ocean Export Agent|
|Job Order Number||22083|
|Experience (Years)||2 years|