Our client, a Japanese Bearing Company is looking for a Mechanical Engineer:
Under the direction of engineering staff, the Mechanical Engineering Technician sets-up, tests, adjusts, modifies, troubleshoots, and repairs computerized machines used in heat-treating, grinding, turning, broaching, measuring components, or assembling automotive wheel bearings. Perform tooling changes and maintenance on production equipment.
· Assist Machine Technicians in troubleshooting production equipment problems.
· Set-up and operate production equipment according to standard company procedures.
· Follow regular machine maintenance program by inspecting and replacing key machine parts such as backing plates, belts, pulleys, dressers, spindles, and motors.
· Perform root cause analyses on mechanical machine breakdowns, then produce and implement long-lasting solutions for such failures.
· Monitor production processes and calibrate or adjust machine devices for better quality and productivity.
· Apply basic plumbing techniques to repair coolant and air leaks.
· Support the installation or overhaul of production equipment.
· Inspect finished products for quality and ensure customer specifications are met.
· Start-up and shut- down processing equipment according to Lock-Out Tag-Out.
· Repair or modify components for production equipment by using tool room machines.
· Design, fabricate, and install sheet metal parts and covers for production machines.
· Help train and develop Operators and Machine Technicians.
Education & Training:
· Associate’s degree or certificate training in a related field from a vocational school or college plus two or more years of work-related experience.
· In lieu of secondary education or training, worker must have a high level of mechanical aptitude and 5+ years of work-related experience in an industrial setting
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· General knowledge of material handling, manufacturing processes, quality control systems.
· Working knowledge of mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and some electronics.
· Ability to read machine drawings and customer part blue prints.
· Strong working knowledge of arithmetic and geometry.
· Ability to analyze information and use logic to solve work-related issues and problems.
· Capacity to get work done in a timely fashion with little or no supervision
· Communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
· Ability to create instructions or drawings about how to troubleshoot, repair, modify or improve parts on equipment.
· Inspecting equipment, structures, or materials to identify the cause of errors or other problems or defects.
· Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
· Perform routine maintenance on equipment and determine when and what kind of maintenance is needed.
· Ability to speak and understand Japanese or Spanish is a plus.
*Please apply with a word document resume
|Job Order Number||22046|
|Experience (Years)||2-5 years|